Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Poor Sick Boys

It all started on Monday when Sammy's voice started to sound raspy...I felt his head and thought maybe he was on fire...lol. Nope no fire just a fever. It was 101 so I gave him some Tylenol and he seemed to get better. Later on that night I checked it again and it was 102 and he had the chills. We gave him some more Tylenol and a cool bath and watched him overnight. Chris slept on the couch in the loft with him so he could check on him during the night. He started feeling better on Tuesday and wanted to eat and play with toys. Now he just has a cough and runny nose.
So yesterday Levi was a little cranky and didn't want to nurse as much so I took his temperature it was 99.5 under his arm...he had just gotten out of the bath so I thought I will check it again a little later. I checked it around 4:15 and it was 100 so we called the Dr. They said to bring him in right away since he is not quite two months old. It just kept going downhill. We got to the Dr. and had to see a different one than normal but I remembered her from the hospital (Levi peed on her) super nice lady. She determined he had an ear infection and needed to have some blood work to make sure there wasn't any bacteria in his blood. It was pretty much torture for me to see them stick a needle in his tiny arm. Then they had to give him a antibiotic shot too. Poor baby!! They really had to give him two shots because one numbed the area. Then we had to wait 20 minutes to make sure he didn't have any side affects since it was such a strong dose. He didn't so we could go home. We had to go back in today to see his regular Dr. But now he is wheezing a little bit so we have to go in tomorrow to make sure he doesn't have bronchiolitis. So I am hoping that the appt tomorrow everything is fine and the oral antibiotics he is taking will fix him right up. What a week.




No comments:

Post a Comment