Saturday, January 3, 2009

Baby Levi

So I'm starting this blog to keep in touch with family and friends. As most of you already know we had a welcomed a new baby to the family last month. Here are some pictures and a short birth story.

I woke up at 2:30am to go to the bathroom and then went back to bed and started having contractions. I figured they were just Braxton Hicks since I had been having a bunch of then the night before. I was also thinking this can’t be real it’s two weeks early. They started coming every five minutes and were getting a bit more painful. So I decided to get back up and watch tv or something. I went to the bathroom again and started leaking fluids...I went back upstairs and told Chris I thought I was in labor. I called my mom to come up and watch Sammy. She got here about 7:00am and then we left for the hospital.

On the ride over to the hospital I was having contractions every four minutes and was mad we had to be in a lot of traffic. We made it to the hospital and checked in at 8:20am. They sent us up to labor and delivery and checked to see how far along I was. Only 1 centimeter and 80% effaced. I knew I was having a repeat c-section so it didn't really matter. The nurses went and talked to my doctor and came back with the good news. We were scheduled for 10:00am. We were so excited.

The nurses walked me into the operating room while Chris waited outside until I got my spinal block. The doctor was having a hard time finding the right spot in my back. She kept hitting a bone. I was worried they were going to have to put me out and I was going to miss his birth. But she found the spot and everything was much better than last time. The surgery started and Chris got to come in the room. I didn't feel anything. With Sammy there was so much tugging and pulling. I was so happy!! At 10:38am we had a new baby!! YAY!!!

LEVI MATTHEW STRICKLAND
12-2-2008
8lbs 10oz
21 inches
10:38am








No comments:

Post a Comment